Messages from our Principal
Parent Update May 22, 2020
Dear Parents and Care Givers
The approach of our mid-term has brought with it a number of major milestones for our students’ studies. Below is the latest information for our coming weeks and more.
- A last minute change has been required for the rooming of our Year 12 examinations which start on Monday morning, May 25. All Year 12 examinations will be conducted in B Block and information on these room changes are being communicated to students directly. Information will also be provided outside the nominated examination rooms in B Block on Monday morning prior to the commencement of the examinations.
- As from Monday May 25, we will be changing from Compass attendance program to Academy attendance program. From Monday, the Compass app will no longer be functional.
- Due to COVID-19, there will be some changes to reporting for students for Semester 1.
- Year 12s will receive a full report issued in week 10 of this term
- Year 11s will receive a Statement of Results in week 10 of this term followed by a full report in week 2 of Term 3
- Year 10s will receive a report without comments in week 9 of this term
- Years 7 – 9 will receive reports without comments for all subjects except those concluding at the end of the term. Subjects concluding at the end of the term, such as those in the Arts and Technology areas will have comments.
- Earlier in the term, I asked families to discuss with their children the need for them to practice physical distancing in public spaces and in particular where possible avoid moving in large numbers through the Southlands shopping centre. I ask that you have this conversation again with your children. Whilst there has not been any issues or complaint regarding our students’ behaviour in the centre, their movement in large numbers has caused some stress for our elderly community members in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The school is looking to provide parents and carers with SchoolTV - an online resource for parents and carers when seeking support. Please see below for an example of this resource.
Although the reality of the Coronavirus is ongoing, we are all experiencing various levels of transition across Australia and New Zealand. Whilst many children may be excited at the prospect of lockdown restrictions being lifted, others may feel mixed emotions.
As we adjust to new routines, keeping a check on our young people’s mental health and wellbeing will be vitally important. In this Special Report, we share a few ideas to help ease this time of transition and adjustment.
Please see the link below for an example of their Wellbeing News
Previous Covid- 19 Messages
Please click on the links below to read the previous updates from the Principal Mr Trevor Hunter