Charges and Voluntary Contributions
All parents are issued with a Charges and Contributions invoice each year for the core subjects and electives chosen by the student. When selecting subjects in lower school, it should be noted that a course of study for $235 or less is available. This amount is defined by the government.
Electives vary in cost from approximately $10 to $200. If the more expensive electives are chosen, Charges and Contributions are likely to be greater than $235. Expensive electives are termed compulsory cost options. The cost is compulsory, as the school cannot sustain these electives without collecting the charges. The Charges and Contributions sheet also includes of other voluntary contributions.
Proportioning of Charges and Contributions
If a student is enrolled at Willetton for only a proportion of the school year, Charges and Contributions are adjusted accordingly. Please note that if a student leaves the school at any time, a clearance form must be completed.
Schemes to assist with educational costs are available to parents who hold a Centrelink Concession Card. A strict application time limit applies. Please contact staff at the Finance Office within the first few weeks of Term 1 for information regarding details and eligibility.
Voluntary Contributions & Charges
Years 7 - 10
The maximum contribution that can be requested of parents towards the cost of a standard educational program which satisfies the requirements of the curriculum framework in Years 7-10 is $235. Recipients eligible to receive Secondary Assistance Scheme have the $235 deducted from the voluntary contributions in line with government policy.
Where extra cost optional components are selected, an additional compulsory charge will apply. The school may ask for a 50% confirmation charge for high cost electives to assist with planning of timetables and the deployment of staff.
Extra cost optional components refer to;
- elective courses of study which have a high cost associated with provision, such as high cost electives in Design and Technology and Physical Education
- enrichment activities in any course for which there is a high cost associated with their provisions,such as excursions, camps
- Other optional school-based activities which address broad learning outcomes and for which there is a high cost, such as school and social events
Participation in the above components is voluntary but a compulsory charge is payable if the student participates.
Years 11 & 12
In Years 11 and 12 all course charges are compulsory.
Recipients eligible to receive the Secondary Assistance Scheme will have the $235 deducted from the charges. Charges for all courses are compulsory. The school may ask for a 50% confirmation charge for high cost courses to assist with planning of timetables and the deployment of staff.
There may be additional charges for;
- enrichment activities in any course such as excursions or camps
- other optional school-based activities which address broad learning outcomes and for which there is a high cost, such as school and social events such as graduation dinners or schoolballs