General Information

A parent or legal guardian applying to enrol a child in a government school should complete an enrolment application form.

Only permanent residents of Australia and those children holding an approved visa sub class number are eligible to be enrolled in government schools.

Applications for enrolment are processed according to Department of Education procedures. An Application For Enrolment form is available here.

Complete one form for each child and attach proof of your usual place of residence to this application form. An example of this would be a utilities account (electricity, water or telephone) showing your name and usual place of residence.

This is an Application for Enrolment only - submitting this form to the school does not mean that the enrolment has been accepted by the school. The principal will firstly need to determine if there is classroom accommodation and an appropriate educational program can be provided for your child at the school. In determining whether an appropriate educational program can be provided for your child at the school, the principal will need to fully consider the information provided in Section 3 on the application form. 

You will be notified by the school Principal if your application has or has not been accepted at the earliest opportunity. In the majority of cases, parents/guardians will be advised within 48 hours. Parents applying to enrol their children in Willetton Senior High School for next year, will be advised of the outcome of the application by early fourth term.

It is a requirement of the Education Department that any information on suspensions and exclusions must be provided to the school at the time of applying to enrol a child. This information will help the school to provide your child with the appropriate support, if required. Children currently under suspension from a government school can not be enrolled at another government school until the suspension period is over. Children who have previously been suspended or excluded from a government school may be required to enter into a behaviour agreement with the school if enrolment is accepted.


All enquiries regarding school bus services should be directed either to Willetton SHS or to the Department of Transport. 


Should you disagree with the school’s decision regarding your Application for Enrolment you can appeal to the South Metropolitan Regional Education Office. The District Office will then seek to verify whether the process for managing the enrolment decision at the school complied with department policies and guidelines. Prior to submitting an appeal, however, it is recommended that you contact the school Principal or the Manager District Operations at the district office to discuss your grievance informally. Appeal forms are available from either the school or the district office.

If parents of students with a disability are still in dispute with the decision about placement of your child, you may request an independent review of the decision. You should put your request in writing to the Director-General, through the relevant District Director. A Disabilities Advisory Panel will be convened by the Executive Director, Education Programs to review the placement decision. An opportunity will be provided by the panel for you to present your case. The District Director will be able to provide you with detailed information about the panel.


All information provided on this form will be treated confidentially. The Education Department's Information Privacy and Security Policy and Section 242 of the School Education Act 1999 preclude this information from being used for any purpose other than:

  • to determine whether your application for enrolment can be accepted
  • to assist the school with addressing any needs for your child if enrolment is accepted
  • to comply with legal requirements or ministerial directions

Due to the high demand for places at our school the Department of Education has designated Willetton SHS as a local intake area school. Students and their family must live within the school boundaries at the time the enrolment commences. The boundary map can be viewed here (will download immediately in pdf format).

Children attending Willetton Senior High School must reside inside the BLACK boundary area.

Those who live inside the RED boundary may attend Willetton SHS or Leeming SHS. Those who do not live inside either boundary may contact the school directly and apply to attend Willetton SHS by submitting an application for enrolment.

Admission of students who live outside the local area boundary can only occur in compliance with Department of Education processes and if places are available.

Eligibility Criteria

Prior to an appointment for interview or the issuing of an enrolment package the following documentation must be sighted and copies attached to the Application for Enrolment at Willetton SHS:

  1. Proof of ownership of the property by the parent/s where the student will reside is to be provided. This may be a current rate notice from the local council.
  2. Where the family is in a rental property, a copy of the tenancy agreement, with a three (3) month minimum duration from the date of entry to the school. If at the time of submitting the Application to Enrol, it is not possible to show an extended lease of 12 months, a copy of a new lease agreement must be provided to the school prior to the student commencing. Please note: If the rental agreement is a private arrangement a Statutory Declaration authorised by a Justice of the Peace will be needed to verify the place of residence. (NB only one statutory declaration may be submitted either here or as part of Item 3 below) The renting of a room in a property is not acceptable for enrolment.
  3. A further two (2) pieces of evidence as proof of residence within our local intake area. Two from:
    • utilities account (ie electricity or gas account)
    • a current driving licence
    • contents insurance or removalist documents
    • a statutory declaration (NB only one statutory declaration may be submitted either here or as part of Item 2 above)
  4. If born in Australia, a copy of child’s birth certificate.
  5. If not born in Australia, but is an Australian Citizen a copy of the Citizenship Certificate or Australian passport.
  6. If born overseas a copy of the passport photo page, visa page and most recent entry date into Australia page are required of both the student and the parents, (original to be sighted).

Out of Local Area Application

Students living outside the local intake area are welcome to apply for enrolment. The school will consider all applications and reply individually to each applicantion. Due to pressure of student numbers, it is highly unlikely we will have spaces available. We suggest that you look at alternative arrangements at an early date so that you are aware of the options.

The school must be promptly informed of any change to details provided (including email address) and where necessary, the proof of residential address must be resubmitted. Please direct changes to: Willetton.SHS.Studentdetails@education.wa.edu.au

Please note the documents listed below are required for the next step in enrolment:

  • Most recent copy of the student's academic school report
  • If applicable, a copy of any current Family Court orders (original to be sighted)
  • A copy of the child's immunisation records