Thank you for your interest in a student enrolment at Willetton Senior High School.
We are a school that always welcomes new students both from within Australia and overseas, with over 35% of our students born in another country. Due to the high demand for places at our school the Department of Education has designated Willetton SHS as a local intake area school.
Students and their family must live within the school boundaries at the time the enrolment commences. The boundary map can be viewed here (will download immediately in pdf format).
Prior to an appointment for interview or the issuing of an Enrolment Package the following documentation must be sighted and copies attached to the Application for Enrolment (will download immediately in pdf format) at Willetton SHS:
- Proof of ownership of the property by the parent/s where the student will reside is to be provided. This may be a current rate notice from the local council.
- Where the family is in a rental property, a copy of the tenancy agreement, with a three (3) month minimum duration from the date of entry to the school. If at the time of submitting the Application to Enrol, it is not possible to show an extended lease of 12 months, a copy of a new lease agreement must be provided to the school prior to the student commencing. Please note: If the rental agreement is a private arrangement then a Statutory Declaration authorised by a Justice of the Peace will be needed to verify the place of residence. (NB only one statutory declaration may be submitted either here or as part of Item 3 below) The renting of a room in a property is not acceptable for enrolment.
- A further two (2) pieces of evidence as proof of residence within our local intake area. Two from:
- utilities account (ie electricity or gas account)
- a current driving licence
- contents insurance or removalist documents
- a statutory declaration (NB only one statutory declaration may be submitted either here or as part of Item 2 above)
- If born in Australia a copy of child’s birth certificate.
- If not born in Australia but is an Australian Citizen a copy of the Citizenship Certificate or Australian passport.
- If born overseas a copy of the passport photo page, visa page and most recent entry date into Australia page are required of both the student and the parents, (original to be sighted).
Out of Local Area Application
Students living outside the local intake area are welcome to apply for enrolment. The school will consider all applications and reply individually to each applicant; however, due to pressure of student numbers, it is highly unlikely we will have spaces available in 2018. We suggest that you look at alternative arrangements at an early date so that you are aware of the options.
The school must be promptly informed of any change to details provided (including email address) and where necessary, the proof of residential address must be resubmitted. Please direct changes to: Willetton.SHS@education.wa.edu.au
Please note the documents listed below are required for the next step in enrolment:
- Most current copy of the student's academic school report
- If applicable, a copy of any current Family Court orders (original to be sighted)
- Copy of the child's immunisation records