How Can I Get Involved with the School?
Welcome to Willetton Senior High School. We trust your child’s journey will be rich and rewarding. Please feel free to contact your child’s teachers or Year Coordinator if you have any concerns. The students’ wellbeing and academic outcomes are our top priority.
The School Board is vibrant and professionally run and dedicated to assisting the educational needs of our children, reflecting the ethos of the whole school community and supporting the school in all matters which positively influence the students.
The Board considers it a privilege to be able to enhance the school’s reputation by continuing momentum for improvements in the system, to innovate when innovation assists students and supports their social, moral and educational development.
Each year, elections are held early in Term 1. The Principal, parent and community members, together with elected staff members, meet regularly. As a Board member, you are an active voice representing parents and able to offer opinions and advice on a whole range of matters to the Principal and staff. Your input is appreciated and can result in practical improvements to the education and wellbeing of students.
The School Board sponsors many programs at the school, through the Board levy collected from parents. These include:
- Year 7 Big Day Out
- Student Leadership Development Program
- Leadership Scholarships
- New Student BBQ
- Student Prizes for the Willetton SHS Reading Promotion Program
- Japanese Teaching Assistant Internship
- Year 12 Graduation Awards
- Science – eBeam Virtual Smart Boards
- Cybersafety Presentations
- Sporting Team Uniforms – Netball, Soccer Basketball, Rugby
- Musical Instruments – grand piano, guitars, timpani
- Electronic School Notice Board
- Specialist Dance Teachers
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Plasma Cutting Machine
- ESL iPads and Microphone
- End of Year Merit Awards
- Motivational Multimedia Presentations
- Willo All Stars
- EXO Day
- IT Cameras
- Badges for Sporting Teams, Outspan and Interact Club
- Gifted and Talented Program Projects