YEAR 12 REQUEST TO ACCESS PRIVATE STUDY 2020
PRINCIPLES FOR ACCESSING PRIVATE STUDY FOR YEAR 12
Private Study is part of a study plan and can be used to improve marks and grades. It brings a reduction in Year 12 from six courses to five courses which is the minimum commitment at Willetton SHS.
REASONS TO CHOOSE A PRIVATE STUDY LINE
- You have worked hard to achieve good grades in 5 courses and VET equivalents, and will use private study to improve or maintain your standard.
- You have found Year 11 difficult, despite working effectively, and you can benefit from a reduction in work load so that you can focus on improving your results.
- You have changed course/s for Year 12 and can benefit from private study as you will use the extra time to catch-up in the new course/s.
REASONS TO KEEP SIX COURSES INCLUDING VET CERTIFICATES
- The final date for dropping a course is in Term 3 of Year 12. There is no rush and you cannot change into Year 12 courses after April so dropping the “wrong” course can trap you.
- You cannot guarantee your final grades or VET completion and want to keep your options open.
- You are in the position of needing six Year 12 courses/certificates to achieve WACE.
- Your post school pathways require prerequisites that take you to more than five courses.
- You see benefit in continuing your six courses/certificates for Year 12.
- Having un-timetabled sessions may result in your wasting time or allow you to distract others.
- You cannot predict how your courses will progress in Year 12. Even strong students may find that they have dropped the “wrong” course.
- It is expected that you are on track to achieve at least C grades or better or VET equivalence this semester, with sound marks in Year 11.
- FLiS students will need approval from the VET team (speak with Miss Pyke or Mrs Holland to check successful completion of certificate requirements and engagement in TAFE course and/or workplace). VET will forward the request to timetabling.
HOW TO ACCESS PRIVATE STUDY